Friends and Patriots:
It has been nearly two months since our last Tea Party gathering at which the future of the Middle Peninsula Tea Party was discussed.
A large majority of our members are now actively serving on the Republican Committees of Gloucester, Mathews, and Middlesex counties as well as several spin-off, interest-related groups, or other Tea Parties which meet on a regular basis. These affiliations provide significant avenues for achieving our goals of constitutionally limited government, personal and fiscal responsibility, and free markets. Representatives from each of these groups have been provided a seat on the Middle Peninsula Tea Party Steering Committee which was formed to explore ways to further advance Tea Party goals. The Steering Committee planned to have 4 quarterly meetings and hopefully share the opportunity to plan and put on programs.
At this time we have TWO exciting Programs for your calendar:
An Alliance for Winning?
Eric Herr, 1st Congressional District Republican Chairman, will talk about the state of the Tea Party/Republican alliance in Virginia at our first 2015 quarterly meeting. Plenty of time will be provided to answer your questions!
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in the lobby
7PM - Hampton Inn, Gloucester, VA (Off Rt 17, behind the former 'Wendy's' just north of 'Big Lots')
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
April 20 & 21
Effective Campaigning Workshop
Nationally known trainer, Chris Doss will present information and skills needed to WIN elections!
Monday (April 20): 6 - 9 PM, casual dinner included
- Real Nature of Politics: How does the world of politicians & elections really work?
- Developing & Delivering a Compelling Message: How do you verbalize your issues?
- Grassroots Lobbying: How do you capture the attention of elected officials?
- Letters-to-the-Editor for a digital age
Tuesday (April 21): 6 - 9 PM, casual dinner included
- Data: What's the big deal about computerized voter lists & is it really important?
- Voter ID and Voter Contact Methods: What really works & what's a waste of time?
- Facebook & Social Media: Why is it important & how can you make a difference?
Local elected officials Rob Wittman, Ryan McDougle, Tommy Norment and Keith Hodges are generously underwriting a good deal of the cost of this workshop so that $25 will cover the cost of the workshop and dinner both evenings. People signing up before April 1 will even have special 'Early Bird' pricing!
Payment and registration is required in advance and can be accomplished in any one of these three ways:
1) by filling out the form attached to this message
2) by going to our website: http://middlepeninsulateaparty.org/events/winning-elections-2/
3) at the upcoming Republican Committee meetings or our March Middle Peninsula Tea Party meeting. (This event will also be held in Gloucester at the Hampton Inn.)
We are excited to present these opportunities this spring. It could not be more important to get prepared to advance the cause of conservatism in the next few years. I don't need to tell you what perils FREEDOM is facing. We may be discouraged BUT we can NOT give up! Consider, on this President's Day, the hardships our forefathers endured to create this great nation. We must not be the ones who idly watch its demise.
Sue Sherrill, Middle Peninsula Tea Party Interim Chairman
P.S. If you wish to have your name removed from the Middle Peninsula Tea Party emailing list, please let me know. Thank you!
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
Opportunity for ALL, favoritism for NONE!